Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What is your impact?

What is your impact on the people around you? It might be more thank you think!

We all make an impact - either positive or negative. It is up to us to choose what that impact will be. To give yourself a bigger footprint, we need to make a few life decisions.

People are attracted to those who invest time in them as a leader and as a person. Get into the HABIT of expecting yourself and your other volunteer leaders to cultivate new leaders by reaching out to others.

Here are a few gems to think about from the book "How Full Is Your Bucket" by Don Clifton and Tom Rath. Questions like these are helpful in helping all of us to rearrange our mental furniture

Positive impact questions:

* I have helped someone in the last 24 hours.
* I am an exceptionally courteous person.
* I like being around positive people.
* I have praised someone in the last 24 hours.
* I have developed a knack for making other people feel good.
* I am more productive when I am around positive people.
* In the last 24 hours, I have told someone that I cared about him or her.
* I make it a point to become acquainted with people wherever I go.
* When I receive recognition, it makes me want to give recognition to someone else.
* In the last week, I have listened to someone talk through his or her goals and ambitions.
* I make unhappy people laugh.
* I make it a point to call each of my associates by the name she or he likes to be called.
* I notice what my colleagues do at a level of excellence.
* I always smile when I meet people.
* I feel good about giving praise whenever I see good behavior."

Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment